Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Let’s Relay!

2010 Valdese Relay For Life

Do you relay?  I do! In fact it is very special to me.  Today, I have the pleasure to attend and photograph the 2011 Burke County Relay For Life at Freedom High School.

For the past three years, I have had this pleasure for the Valdese Relay For Life.   This year, all Burke County will be celebrating, remembering and fighting back together.  I am proud to be just a small part of it.

As in the past I will be there photographing the event and then creating a DVD so we can share in this special night for years to come.  If you would like to purchase a copy of the 2011 Burke County Relay For Life DVD, you can order one at the Survivors table. They are $10 each and all (every penny) goes to the American Cancer Society.

Sarah and I were honored to be able to attend the Survivor Dinner last Saturday night in Valdese.  It was a pleasure to get to meet so many of you and to see many of you back celebrating another year!

As I said, this is something very special to me. My first Relay For Life occurred while my grandmother was in the hospital dying of cancer.  I left her bedside that night to go do my time on the track.  I remember there was a light rain, but that did not stop the relayers.

If you are in the area, come by Freedom High School in Morganton and help us beat cancer.  We are making strides, but we can’t stop now.

While you are there, look me up.  Tell me that you “love Denise Clay Photography” and I will give you a gift card to use at your next portrait session.  One per person and while supplies last, of course.

See you at the Relay!

Here is a look back at the 2010 Valdese Relay For Life

No comments:

Post a Comment