Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

CPP?


I was asked what the initials, CPP behind my name stood for.  It stands for Certified Professional Photographer.  I had to go through a rigorous program that included passing an extensive written exam and passing the approval of submitted work from a pristine panel of judges.  It is similar to receiving your CPA or National Boards for teachers.

Not many photographers are willing to put themselves through the ordeal of becoming certified.  Many do not pass it and some fail to maintain the requirements to keep their certification during each 5 year renewal period.  Read more on the certification process and what it means for you as a client.

There are only two Certified Professional Photographers in Burke County (me and Chris Garner) and just a few others in our surrounding area.  We all worked hard to earn our certification.

If you use someone other than me (why I don’t know) for your family portraits or even the images that will represent your business, then take a moment and ask them if they are a Certified Professional Photographer.  You can see if they are certified on this website.

Does it sound as if I am proud to be a Certified Professional Photographer?  Well, yeah I am.  Soon there will be even more initials after my name, but we will save that story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment