Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Inspired photography

An image I created after being inspired by Jenn's class.

I spent the last week at the annual Professional Photographers of North Carolina’s (PPNC) Convention in Durham.  It is a week I always enjoy and look forward to.

Not only do I get to spend time with my PPNC family; I get to learn and be inspired by some of the best photographers across the country.  This year I had the pleasure of spending some time with Jennifer Hudson.  I came away from Jennifer’s class definitely inspired.

Jennifer shared some techniques that spoke to my artistic soul.  Some of these I have used in the past with my fine art and nature photography.  Some were brand new and have me exited to incorporate them into my portraits.

In the near future, I will need some models so I can hone some of the new skills I have learned.  Photography is a craft and requires constant work, time and effort to grow and improve.

You can read Jennifer’s thoughts on the PPNC Convention and see some of the incredible artistic portraits she created in her class in her blog post “Sweet North Carolina”.  Thanks Jenn for inspiring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment